domingo, 26 de abril de 2015

Hello!

Last week we studied the First Conditional: if + present simple, ... will + infinitive.
We use it to talk about things which are likely to happen in the future when a condition comes true.

We usually start sentences with the word If, but we can also use when and other words which we haven't studied yet.
When you finish your soup I'll give you some ice-cream.

Something in a movie I was watching reminded me of you and our lesson last Wednesday.
A man and a woman are talking at a party. They have just met. He asks her to run away with him, he says he is in love with her. "But you don't know me" she replies. "We have just met". I think that is a good example of the difference between know and meet.
Other two verbs that are a bit confusing for Spanish speakers are borrow and lend:

May a borrow your green blouse, please? I haven't got anything to wear for the party.

I'll lend it to you if you promise to be careful and not to spill anything on it.

Well, here is a video to practice the conditional. Watch it ( it may be difficult to understand at first, but you'll understand better if you listen 2 or 3 times). Anyway, in the second part of the video there are subtitles. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSDxMaC0QYc



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario