sábado, 30 de mayo de 2015

Hello!

In case you didn´t look, I uploaded the listening that we did in class, 6.20. It is the last one in the list of listenings.

Last week we finished Unit 6. In this unit we have studied the Conditional 1 and 2.

The First Conditional:
(if + present simple, ... will + infinitive)
If it rains tomorrow, we'll go to the cinema.
we can't know what will happen in the future, but this describes possible things, which could easily come true.


The Second Conditional:
(if + past simple, ... would + infinitive)
If I had a lot of money, I would travel around the world.
First, we can use it to talk about things in the future that are probably not going to be true. Maybe I'm imagining some dream for example.

Second, we can use it to talk about something in the present which is impossible, because it's not true. If I were you, I wouldn't go out with that man. If I had his number, I would call him.

We have also studied the modal verb should, which we use to give advice or to talk about what we think is desireble for us to do: I should try to finish it today. I think you shouldn´t eat so much.
The modals may and might to express how likely an action in the future is.: I can´t lent you the green dress, I may wear it tomorrow. 
Who knows? We might meet again next time you come to Spain.


If you need more HOMEWORK complete these sentences:

1: If it is sunny tomorrow _______________________________________________ 
2: If you sit in the sun too long __________________________________________ 
3: If I were you _______________________________________________________ 
4: If I were the Prime Minister ___________________________________________ 
5 If I were the opposite sex ____________________________________________ 
6: If I have enough money ______________________________________________ 

7: If you don’t wear a coat in the winter ___________________________________
8. If I were British ____________________________________________________  
9. If I go out tonight___________________________________________________ 

10: If I were on holiday today ____________________________________________ 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario